Letting your property is a secure and reliable investment, with Landlords enjoying annual yields which currently easily exceed current bank interest rates. Banks are relaxed about lending towards a buy to let investment with the cost of property likely to rise over time driven by a general shortage of property throughout the UK. It’s also a great way for providing a consistent and good income well into retirement.
We pride ourselves on our up to date market knowledge and understanding of the residential lettings market and are able to assist Landlords in a multitude of ways. For example we can provide the following:
- A personal Service
We provide a personal and professional service ensuring great communication between Landlord, Tenant and Agent at all times. By providing one point of contact throughout the full management process, this allows us to focus properly on customer service and also allows us to understand the exact needs of all parties.
- Competitive Rates
Due to the investment we have made into various technologies available on the market, we are able organise our business in such a way that allows us to be very competitive on price with regular special offers available to new Landlords as we strive to build on our success throughout the community.
- Rent Guarantee and Tenant Vetting
We offer a unique rent guarantee product to give extra reassurance to Landlords that their rent will be paid on time every month regardless of whether the Tenant pays or not. This covers rent until which point the Tenant begins paying consistently again or in the unlikely event a court order is required to evict the Tenant. Regardless of whether our rent guarantee product is purchased, in all cases we will gather satisfactory references and obtain a credit report on all Tenants before a Tenancy is agreed.
Our Service Options
List Only Service
- Advice on the rent you can expect to receive.
- Marketing and advertising of your property, including a ‘To Let’ board where applicable.
- Considering and reviewing applications, chasing up references of prospective tenants and finding guarantors including employers, current landlords and a credit reference agency search where necessary.
- Setting up and organising the completion of the tenancy agreement and signing the document on your behalf. We will renew the tenancy agreement upon request in writing, for an additional fee.
It is then your responsibility to settle the deposit with your government-approved scheme and issue the tenant with the prearranged information, as Stated in the Housing Act 2004. (unless you opt for Anthony and Co to register the deposit on your behalf).
Let Only Service
- Providing a rental valuation of your property.
- Local and national marketing, including a professional "To Let" board where appropriate.
- Carrying out an accompanied viewing with prospective tenants.
- Free advice on the presentation and preparation of your property.
- Considering applications from prospective tenants and (if required) guarantors in order to assess suitability.
- Preparing and signing as agent on your behalf a suitable tenancy agreement in accordance with current law.
- Ensuring that service suppliers details are given to the tenant (i.e. gas, electricity, water rates and telephone services).
- Advice on insurance i.e. rental guarantee, fire, contents, Landlords
Full Management Service
In addition to the let only service we will provide:
- An inventory detailing the general condition and contents that will be checked at the termination prior to any deposit being repaid to the tenant.
- Collection of ongoing rental payments and forwarding them by bank transfer to your chosen account with monthly statements (deposits retained by a government approved deposit scheme).
- Inspecting the property at agreed intervals to ensure that the tenant/s are fulfilling their obligations under the terms of their tenancy agreement as well as providing a written report of the property.
- Action against the tenant in the event of rental arrears or any other breach of condition within the tenancy agreement.
- Organising repair or maintenance, instructing a tradesman to attend the property, obtaining estimates where necessary, supervising works and settling accounts. This shall be subject to the agreed cost limit, however in an emergency; the right is reserved to proceed without prior authorisation.
- Arrangement of service contracts if requested by the landlord.
- Carrying out a full property inspection and inventory check at the end of each tenancy and dealing with matters relating to unfair wear and tear before releasing the tenant's deposit.
- Re-letting the property unless otherwise instructed by the landlord.